Re: NSProgressIndicator movement inside a loop

From: Frederico Muñoz
Subject: Re: NSProgressIndicator movement inside a loop
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:08:41 +0100

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

On 2005-03-01 12:28:56 +0000 Benhur Stein <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:11:40 +0100, Frederico Muñoz <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I have a doubt about the best way to display a progress bar when the
>> actions that will affect the progress movement are inside a loop.
>
> Have you tried calling NSWindow's methods display and flushWindow (and
> maybe enable and disableFlushing)? NSWindow buffers all updates to the
> screen for performance, flushing it all in one step at the end of each
> run of the runloop. When you need to update the screen more than once
> in one run of the loop, you must do it explicitly.

Yes, I've tried that. I've tried every method that forces a display in every
possible view, and no luck. I guess that -display doesn't really, really mean
that it will be displayed when called, I think that it forces a display when
the run loop gets to the part were it would refresh the views, and merely makes
the view be displayed even if no changes have occured that would cause it to be
automatically redisplayed.

Best Regards,

fsmunoz
--