Re: Font constants

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Font constants
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:48:44 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:

I started to implement this method, but noticed that I will need to include NSCell.h into NSFont.h to see the type NSControlSize. Doing so failed because of some complex recursion in the includes. There surely is some trick to work around this by moving one include down a few lines and a type defintion up (or something like this), but I would like to suggest a different solution. NSControlSize and NSControlTint and their placement in NSCell and NSColor always looked strange to me. What about moving them into some new public header file, perhaps called NSAppearance.h? From there it would be easy to include them into any of the offical header file where they are needed. The problem here is of course that we create a new file and have to take care that it wont be used for any other cases. Perhaps we better but a "private" into the file name? I would prefer some quick answers here, so that I am able to go ahead today. Untill I get them I'll try the statement shifting to see if there is a simple solution in there.

OK, I found another way to work around this by moving NSControlSize also into NSColor.h. This will do for the moment, I am still in favour of a sperate header file for these two.