Re: Key-value observing

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Key-value observing
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:24:13 +0100

Le 3 mars 05, à 05:38, Gregory John Casamento a écrit :

--- Stefan Urbanek <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone working on the Key-value observing?

Currently, no one is working on it.

Is it difficult to implement it in GNUstep? If not, what is needed?

I recall a similar trick being employed by EOF a while back. It shouldn't be hard to implement. I had a few ideas similar to what Apple seems to have done, according to the page you sent, a while back, but I never implemented them
since I've been busy on other aspects of GNUstep and Gorm.

In my opinion, it's not a priority to support automatic KVO, initially we could add support for the controller layer and uses KVO methods to send notifications to observers "manually" (in -setXXX: methods code to take an example). We would gain most of Controller layer benefits without "black runtime magic". More explanations here : http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ KeyValueObserving/index.html

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
address@hidden