Re: Installation on windows (fwd)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Installation on windows (fwd)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:04:08 +0000 (GMT)

> >>are there specific reasons for including the msys developer toolkit
> >>and libintl? If you don't install them, GNUstep still builds.
> >

> > Cool ... I included them because ... I think the msys developer toolkit
> > includes cvs maybe ?  I wanted to download from CVS when I built ...
>
> no it does not, you need to manually get/install this.

Thanks -- but surely the cvs command line client is included -- I didn't
install anything but what is listed in the documentation, and I used the
'cvs' command line client to download gnustep.  I don't know which of the
3 packages provided it, but it was there.  I'll check later tonight.

> > ... and libintl, I just thought it was needed for libiconv ...
> >
> > ... but if it all builds (and works) without them, I agree we should
> > remove them :-)
>
> agreed, however not yet. There are currently issues with the path
> handling which causes certain things to only work inside the msys
> environment. If you remove it before those issues are fixed, you will
> introduce more problems.

Thanks -- ... there might be some confusion ? ;-) ... we are talking of
the msys developer toolkit (ie, additional developer tools), not of msys
(the base development environment).

Anyway.  Which issues ?  Which path handling ? :-)

Let's fix them if we have any.

Thanks