Re: Rendering of fixed-width fonts

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Rendering of fixed-width fonts
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:12:02 -0700

On Mar 15, 2005, at 9:57 PM, Adrian Robert wrote:

Ah.  Attached is a patch implementing these functions in back-art.  ;-)

It modifies the existing DPSshow implementation to handle DPSxyshow,
DPSxshow, and DPSyshow.  Partial support is there for DPSwidthshow.
Right now I just patched ftfont-old.m since that's what I'm using
(freetype-2.1.2), and anyway this patch needs some feedback.

Well, I may have led you astray. I think we were trying to make these functions obsolete. Although, I'm not sure why now. If you find they make a big speed improvement, I suppose we could reconsider....