Re: More Windows stuff ... example gui apps work for me now

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: More Windows stuff ... example gui apps work for me now
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:34:15 +0000 (GMT)

> > OK ... I did more Windows stuff ... I managed to build gnustep-base with
> > all the additional libs (even if I didn't do any change to get this ...
> > maybe because I'm installing different libs ?).  I also got the gui
> > working ... and generally libraries and bundles.  I finally compiled some
> > gui apps -- they work for me!
> >
> > I was pretty impressed with the gui apps :-)
> >

> Hi Nicola,
>
> if you enable the new building system for Cygwin as well, I could give
> it a try. No need for you to install a new Cygwin system just for that.

I did install Cygwin, and I tried this out, and it didn't work.  At a
first glance, the GCC/linker/etc shipped by default with Cygwin are not
new enough to have the new features (auto-export / auto-import etc) we're
using ?

Anyway ... if you want to try it out, just open target.make, and copy the
mingw config over in the cygwin config too.

I might look again at that ...

... if you have any ideas, obviously let me know! :-)

Thanks