Re: Patch: DPSxshow et al. in Art

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Patch: DPSxshow et al. in Art
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:35:07 +0100

Adrian Robert wrote:
Finally, I tried disabling the xshow,etc. implementations in Art and just
letting the GSGState handle them.  Performance actually did not suffer
too much (despite another function call layer for every glyph), but
this resulted in some type of glyph mis-translation, displaying
scrambled characters.  If I subtracted 28 from the value of each
UTF-8 character I passed in, the problem was fixed for ASCII,
however for other characters this caused a crash.  If this issue
could be fixed, we might not need the Art implementation, though I
still think it makes sense to have it there..

It would be great, if you could find out what is causing this offset of 28. I had a similar problem with the cairo backend and solved it with the hack of subtracting 29. No idea, why it was 29 for me, when it is 28 for you.