Re: Patch: DPSxshow et al. in Art

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: Patch: DPSxshow et al. in Art
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 03:51:29 +0700

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:11:23 -0500, Adrian Robert
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I attached the test source to the email with the patch.  Art has two
> rendering modes for text, one using cached bitmaps, that seems to (I'm
> not understanding it fully) ignore any rotation/scaling transformation,
> and one that doesn't.  The difference in rendering comes here because
> the view is not flipped (but the bitmap one acts as if it is).

It should ignore the ctm if the there's no rotation/scaling, as I
think I remembered,
it uses freetype2's unstable, not well documented bitmap cache subsystem which
others (pango, evas, cairo etc?) seem to have their own
implementations. So I guess
you can just check the ctm.

BTW. I don't know if performance issue is important, since I think ctl
seems to rely
on GSShowGlyphs:: which can pass many glyphs at once. (NSStringDrawing
-drawAtPoint:
also use layout engine) Though, it should be good if all ps functions work well.