Re: Gorm source reorganization

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Gorm source reorganization
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:05:05 +0100 (BST)

Thanks :-)

We will try to support frameworks on all platforms (well, at least I
will).  That might require quite nasty hacks and things, but should
generally be possible (haven't looked into the Windows case yet though,
but as OpenStep for Windows had it working with some hacks, I suppose we
can do the same).

If portability is an issue, I'd certainly recommend using libraries and
bundles only.  So yes, I generally agree with your suggestion of avoiding
frameworks in Gorm and all the core components (eg, gnustep-base,
gnustep-gui etc).

But frameworks are quite popular, so we're not going to drop them anytime
soon, and I'll try supporting as many platforms as possible.

Thanks