Re: Gorm source reorganization

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Gorm source reorganization
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:57:35 +0100

On 2005-03-29 15:16:39 +0100 Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:

Guys,

I will make everything libraries for now, until frameworks are functioning. I
have one of the libraries set up as a frameowork, but I'm using some "ifeq"
statements to build it as a library on windows. I *could* continue to do this,
but that doesn't seem really nice. ;)
The build dependencies have been cleaned up and everything builds in one pass
on Windows now (none of Nicola's changes in the makefiles from before are
present). I will probably convert the framework I spoke of earlier back to a
library tonight and remove the ifeq stuff I added from the makefiles.

Please let me know what you think about the new layout.

Looks good ...  I built on windows (with debug=yes) with no trouble.

I've been hacking on the DnD support in guie/back after I found a lot of problems with DnD in Gorm on windows, and have fixed quite a bit of stuff. While I was doing it I enabled support for the gui doing its own window decorations ... and that exposed a couple of bugs/assumptions in Gorm ... which I've fixed in the new branch.

Now, if only we had transparency working (and better focus handling) on windows, I think it would be almost as good as on gnu/linux. As it is, I think Gorm is now quite usable on windows!