Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/back ChangeLog Headers/x11/XGDragV...

From: Jeremy Bettis
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/back ChangeLog Headers/x11/XGDragV...
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:16:31 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Frith-Macdonald" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 2:28 PM

Having various panels appear in the taskbar is a little irritating ... having the window used to drag and drop an image appear in the taskbar was downright horrible. Maybe there is a better solution to exclude windows from the taskbar ... but I'm not a windows programmer, so I don't know of one.

I believe that the proper way to let windows know that you don't want a taskbar button is to set an owner for the window. (parameter 8 of CreateWindow) The owner can be any other window, or even a hidden dummy window. Alternatively you can use the WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW style flag on CreateWindowEx.