ANN: Emacs on GNUstep / OS X 8.0-rc2

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: ANN: Emacs on GNUstep / OS X 8.0-rc2
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:11:51 -0500

Hi all,

I've released the second "rc" version of Emacs for GNUstep / OS X at:

http://emacs-on-aqua.sf.net/

GNUstep CVS is still required, so I'll hold off announcing these on
discuss for now.

Release highlights:

- now works with Art back-end (yay!)

- major rendering improvements, including non-Latin text; caveats:
  - non-Latin not working yet under xlib, and speed improvement here
    awaits a patch that is not checked in yet
  - suitable fonts must be chosen manually (no fontset support yet)
  - Korean and some other scripts not working
  - UTF8 files can't be read yet (but most native encodings, Latin-1,
    GB2312, JIS, etc.) work

- numerous small fixes and stability improvements

- binary .app.zip available for Linux (let me know how this works)

BTW, if anyone is brave enough to try this on Windows (is it time
yet?) I'd be curious to hear the results..

enjoy,
Adrian