Re: Gorm source reorganization

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: Gorm source reorganization
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 04:25:20 +0700

On Apr 4, 2005 2:46 PM, Jeff Teunissen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Fred Kiefer wrote:
> > The only note from the documentation I am still thinking about from time
> > to time is that colour values should have their alpha value
> > pre-multiplied. Not sure, what this will actually mean in code, as we
> > leave it to windows to actually create the bitmaps, so I expect Windows
> > should be doing whatever it needs. But perhaps this hint means more to
> > you...

May be this rooted in tiff thing? If I remembered correctly, tiff's
spec once wasn't
clear with the premult and it became a problem later although it
supported the flag
lately. The problem seems to be cultural even with Adobe. BTW, I could
be totally
wrong and confused with another issue so please correct me.

> GNUstep bitmaps generally are premultiplied.

I am not against it if someone want to change that. Thus you can be sure
that this will cause incompatibleness.