Re: General GNUStep future develoment question

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: General GNUStep future develoment question
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:42:09 +0100

Le 15 avr. 05, à 21:35, cm a écrit :

Hello

   I apologize for not having posted correctly, I didn't remenber
the adress of the list and did a reply to a non related post.

Sorry again, and thanks for the answer. I just thought that with Etoilé
being a complete DE or even a complete system more source compatibility
with Apple was a possible goal and I interogated myself to know if it
was legally possible.

Well, Étoilé's goal never was to *clone* the Apple dektop or Apple API !

Concerning the API implementation, I don't see why legally (apart from software patents problems) it should be a problem, as long as you use the public headers
for creating your implementation, and don't base your code on Apple's.

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke