[Fwd: WINGs's XDND fix for GDK applications]

From: Alex Perez
Subject: [Fwd: WINGs's XDND fix for GDK applications]
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:47:43 -0700

I thought the folks on this list should see this guy's comment regarding XDnD and GNUstep
--- Begin Message --- Subject: WINGs's XDND fix for GDK applications Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:17:12 +0000
Hi,
Here's a patch to fix WINGs drag'n drop with GDK based apps.
It is made from the 2005-04-09 snapshot. The patched files are WINGsP.h, dragcommon.c, dragsource.c and dragdestination.c. Along with this patch, i've attached the detailed changelog. Now drag'n drop in WINGs should work with both KDE and GNOME (unfortunately, XDND versions 3 and up are not compatible with version 2, that's why it doesn't work with GNUstep -at least GWorkspace-).

I haven't included any fix for the possible crash (in the source, due to destination response timeout) i reported some time ago, because i think i made a mistake in the first place, using timers too heavily. The current XDND implementation will timeout each time the source spend a lot of time to provide the dropped data (like an archiver or a browser).
So i'll try now to patch drag'n drop to get rid of the timers.

thanks to the WindowMaker team for their work,
Sylvain.