Re: Crosscompiling gnustep

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: Crosscompiling gnustep
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:40:39 +0800

Adam Fedor wrote:
On Apr 26, 2005, at 12:19 PM, Stefan Urbanek wrote:

Besides that, I expect GNUstep make to want me to run GNUstep.sh later
during compilation. However, what GNUstep.sh I should run? The one I
have just installed? But if that script calls some binary executables,
they will not work on my system.

Er, well you should run the GNUstep.sh you just installed to set up the build environment right. But you are right - there are some binary executables that will run

Only one: user_home. Host native version will work fine. Just make sure you don't have a ~/GNUstep.sh to confuse things.

One way to ensure things are clean is to do your cross-compiling as a specific user with the environment set up for it.

user_home should just not run when we are cross compiling. The more problematic one is which_lib, which should really be compiled to run locally I guess... I think we used to have which_lib written as a perl script to deal with this problem before, but that was removed long ago, probably because no one every really used cross compiling...

user_home and which_lib should work fine by using the host native versions. Just move the target versions away and copy in the host ones.

Neither do very target or host specific things at the moment.

Regards,
Sheldon