Re: test-library.make

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: test-library.make
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 12:25:40 +0100 (BST)

> Does any one use test-library.make in the make package? I don't know of
> many people who use dejagnu, and I'd rather not support it if no one
> uses it.

As far as I know, only dev-libs/db/tests uses test-library.make.

Also, I don't really know if the dejagnu code in test-library.make
actually works. ;-)  I always left it untouched but never really tried it
out.  I suppose it must work.

I would be in favour of removing all the code in
Instance/test-library.make and replacing the whole file with --

#
# [Copyright notice]
#

ifeq ($(RULES_MAKE_LOADED),)
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/rules.make
endif

# Just inherit the build rule from library.make

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/Instance/library.make

internal-test_library-all_:: internal-library-all_

-- in the same way that we do with test-tool.make and
test-application.make ... that is a library that compiles exactly like a
normal library, but installation does nothing.

... and then we'd need to move the dejagnu code that we remove from
test-library.make into the GNUmakefiles in dev-libs/db/tests/, so that
those tests keep working.

I suppose this shouldn't be too difficult, except someone would need to
test that the dev-libs/db/tests/ still work after the changes ...

Thanks