Re: Internal Error: The private GNUstep function to establish the argv a

From: Jürgen Lorenz Simon
Subject: Re: Internal Error: The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment was not called
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:58:34 +0200

On 2005-06-09 16:33:16 +0100 Jürgen Lorenz Simon <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I want to bump this one more time. I've tried to debug in the GNUstep stuff, but the gdb debugger seems to suffer from nervous breakdown when handling stuff like [NSProcessInfo load] or [NSProcessInfo inilialize] and wont let me
discover
the cause of the problem :-(

This project is very important for me and I seriously need a hand now.

This sort of thing can happen if you have both debug and non-debug versions of the base library linked in to your application. eg. if you have linked one library to depend upon a debug version of the base library, and another library to depend upon a non-debug version, then link both those libraries into your app.

To sort that out ...
1. delete *every* library or executable (not just gnustep libraries but your own gnustep-based apps and tools too)... just to be sure.
2. do a make distclean in all your gnustep directories.
3. build everything making very sure you do 'debug=yes' so nothing is built in a non-debug version.

Thanks, Richard!

I tried that today and it seems to work. I removed all libraries and build packages from scratch using debug=yes. However, something within gui would not build (GSspell) and had to be excluded from build, likewise something from gdl2 (DBModeler), both complained about not being able to find libgnustep-base_d-1.10.so although it was clearly on the path. Maybe something with the build system. After exempting them both, it worked.

I'm not 100% if that was actually the problem though. The machine in question received an update during my work today, so something in that update might have fixed this as well. However that may be, it seems to work now.

If this doesn't work for you ... make your entire build environment/sourcecode available in a guest account on some machine, and I'll have a look to see if I can spot anything.

Thanks all for the help and especially Richard for your generous offer.

J.L.Simon