image and scroll view quirks

From: Riccardo
Subject: image and scroll view quirks
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:45:54 +0200

Hey all,

after Fred fixed the problem scrolling of an image inside a scroll view I noticed the introduced (or exposed) a bug. It is not fatal, but may be worth investigation.

a quick note: the original problem was that when the image was larger than the view and scrlling was needed, only a part of the picture actually displayed, scrollbars were there and scrolled, but only a lower left rect showed the contents. This on xlib.

As an example I am referring to how images are displayed inside the PRICE main window.

right now, a strange shadow happens: the whole window is drawn, the image correctly filing all the window area and in the correct size, but a "shadow" appears in form of a rect where formerly with the old bug the image was displayed. I can clearly see the borders super-impressed to the correct image, then after a time, the image gets probably re-drawn again and the final result is correct.

This is particularly evident with big images (like 1024x768 or greater).

I wonder if this is a bug and that it makes display slower and more inefficient than what it should be, redrawing things twice.

cheers,

 Riccardo

PS: I haven't filed a bug yet, I wanted to know other peoples comments and maybe Fred or someone has a rapid fix.