Re: ANN: StepTalk Palette 1.0

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: ANN: StepTalk Palette 1.0
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:38:17 +0200

Citát Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden>:

> Nicolas,
>
> This is great!!

I add: excellent! :-)

(for more se below)

> --- Nicolas Roard <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wrote a Gorm palette that let you create StepTalk scripts you can
> > drag'n drop on a window, and connect objects to it.
> > For example, it can easily be used to create the famous "calculator"
> > example (3 textfields plus a button..).
> > It works well, and I figured some people here could be interested
> > (plus it's an example of how to make a palette).
> >
> > It's here: http://www.roard.com/gnustep/STPalette-1.0.tgz
> > licenced under LGPL.
> >
> > More informations about the why and how here: http://
> > camaelon.blogspot.com , and check the READMEs.
> >
> > You need to install first libStepTalkView then compile the palette
> > itself and load it in gorm. If you want to use this view in your app
> > you need to link your app to libStepTalkView.
> >
> > Have fun !
> >

> I only have one comment.  The object doens't have to be a view.  It can be
> any
> object at all.  So it's possible to just use a normal step talk object
> instead
> of making StepTalkView.  :)
>
> We can discuss this later.

I add that if you can make non-appkit object that would be included in an
application, then I can add it to the StepTalk.framework. Therefore there would
be no need for other library to link. The Gorm part is, of course, up to Greg.

Have a nice day,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi