Re: ANN: StepTalk Palette 1.0

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: ANN: StepTalk Palette 1.0
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:13:31 +0100

Le 15 juin 05 à 07:38, Stefan Urbanek a écrit :

Citát Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden>:

I only have one comment. The object doens't have to be a view. It can be
any
object at all. So it's possible to just use a normal step talk object
instead
of making StepTalkView.  :)

I know, I know :-)

I was going to create a non-view object as well, but in fact having a view is quite nice after playing with it -- you could even create a panel (hidden by default)
just to group them as you want... I also have other ideas, we'll see.
Well anyway I'll add a non-view object too for the next version, it's not exactly hard
to do and it could be useful too :-)

We can discuss this later.

I add that if you can make non-appkit object that would be included in an application, then I can add it to the StepTalk.framework. Therefore there would be no need for other library to link. The Gorm part is, of course, up to Greg.

Well, it's easy to make a non-appkit object, but as I'd still want a view anyway, .. hmm.. I need to try, perhaps just defining the view in the palette will be enough
after all, you're right.

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke