Re: Release check

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Release check
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:39:11 -0600

On Jun 17, 2005, at 5:04 AM, David Ayers wrote:

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Jun 16, 2005, at 1:20 PM, Adam Fedor wrote:

I looked into this. One issue is that objc/Object.h is needed by
NSConnection.h, because it declares a category of Object. Is there a
reason why this is there?

@interface Object (NSPortCoder)
- (Class) classForPortCoder;

- (id) replacementObjectForPortCoder: (NSPortCoder*)aCoder;

@end

Well, to answer my own question. No.  It appears they're just informal
protocols, so the root object doesn't matter.

Thanks for looking into this!

Yep. After making the change and a few minor warnings in gui and back, I didn't have to make any changes to anything else I tried (Gorm, ProjectCenter, gstep-guile, SQLClient, Renaissance, StepTalk, GWorkspace, ....). So i'll probably commit it soon.