Re: Gorm Win32 binary?

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Gorm Win32 binary?
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:30:45 -0700 (PDT)

Quentin,

--- Quentin Mathé <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le 30 juin 05 à 21:47, Jonathan 'Wolf' Rentzsch a écrit :
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone have a Gorm Win32 binary? If so, could somebody toss a
> > copy
> > my way? It would be greatly appreciated. (I'm getting link errors
> > when I
> > try to build from source.)
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I haven't a Gorm win32 binary, but I'm not sure Gorm is truly usable
> currently on Windows, because Windows support is very recent for Gorm
> or more exactly because NSToolbar is broken on Windows according to
> Gregory Casamento (Gorm maintainer).

I can be started on Windows, but it's not usable because of the issue with
NSToolbar.

> I have written NSToolbar implementation (still work in progress) last
> year, but I haven't any Windows installation to track this issue with
> NSToolbar. I intend to work on this problem later this summer when I
> will have a Windows machine, may be Gregory will have found a
> solution in the meantime.
>
> Bug reference: <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?
> func=detailitem&item_id=10817>

I have been attempting to correct the issue.   The other possible solution is
to move to NSTabView which is a less desirable solution, since it:

 1. is less attractive and
 2. cannot accommodate graphics in the tab itself, although I could use
    a specialized subclass.

> cheers,
> Quentin.
>
> --
> Quentin Mathé
> address@hidden

Later, GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.