Re: Current status of Apple Nib loading?

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Current status of Apple Nib loading?
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:27:25 -0700 (PDT)

Adrian,

--- Adrian Robert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know it's a work-in-progress but I was wondering whether it is
> possible to load an Apple nib in GNUstep yet?

No.  I am working on it on a separate branch.

> I tried doing an
> [NSBundle loadNibNamed: owner: ], which works with a given nib on OS X,
> but this failed with no error message on GNUstep.  Is there some
> different procedure to follow, is implementing -awakeFromNib on the
> owner mandatory, or something like that?

No, awakeFromNib isn't mandatory.

> I'm using a nib created on Tiger (with supposed Panther compatibility),
> with "classes.nib" = text plist format, "info.nib" = XML format, and
> "keyedobjects.nib" = binary format.

The keyed archiver can read the format.   We're am still in the process of:

1) Reverse engineering the meaning of some of the flags in the stored objects.
(this is the hard part)
2) Trying to determine how to adapt the data structures in the .nib to those in
GNUstep (shouldn't be hard)

> thanks

Thanks, GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.