Re: SIGSEGV Errors

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: SIGSEGV Errors
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:30:48 +0200

Hello,

On Tuesday, July 5, 2005, at 07:03 PM, address@hidden wrote:

When we try to compile the game to run, it generates an "Application Error (0xc0000005): the application failed to initialize" error message box from
Windows.

If the game is compiled using debug options, the error is revealled as:
"Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00aa1fc0 in malloc ()"

does this kind of error happen both on Linux and on Windows?
Unfortunatley the windows port of GNUstep is quite "experimental" to say at best. So it might be more interesting for you to port your application to linux (which is the most tested GNUstep environment) and then pass it to windows. This way you can detect errors in our own aplication more easily.

In any case, a debug session with gdb will help. Read Adam's email for more details on this,

Have fun,