Re: SIGSEGV Errors

From: decker
Subject: Re: SIGSEGV Errors
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 17:59:23 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

Riccardo <address@hidden> wrote:

> no. but I would triple check that your gnustep installation on windows
> is working well. Try other applications :) especially graphic ones, like
> Preview.app, PRICE and a complex one like GWOrkspace or Gorm. if
> everything works... then it could be that your code is unfreidnly, it
> might have some memory problems htat doens't disturb linux but make
> windows crash.

Hi, and thanks again.  I tried installing PRICE and Gorm, but they both now
crash out with "Ordinal Not Found: The ordinal 220 could not be located in the
dynamic link library libpng13.dll"

On trying oolite again, the same error is now happening!  I have even
reinstated the compiled version that actually runs (the original 1st alpha
version that compiled), and it bombs out with the same error now!!!

> I would try running the code under linux using valgrind trying to detect
> potential pitfalls.

I can't - I don't have access to a linux machine.  However, fellow developers
have produced a running version on Linux, and it still apparently compiles
fine.

"Adam Fedor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> unfortunately not much help, since I guess the gnustep libraries are not
> compiled with debugging information. It looks like the stack is just messed
> up
> anyway, as I don't think the function 'lab' is in gnustep.
>
> I had suggested NSZombiesEnabled before - you just set the environment
> variable
> and run the program again, and you should get output if an object is being
> used
> after being deallocated. Other than that I might suggest putting NSLog
> statements in various place to narrow it down. That's tedious, but on
> Windows
> it's probably best unless you have a good idea how to debug things.

Thanks, Adam.  I will try this, but at the moment every compiled app is
returning the Ordinal 220 error above.  Can you inform me how to add NSLog
statements in the meantime?