Re: Considering Gorm 1.0.0

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Considering Gorm 1.0.0
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 23:47:33 -0400

On Jul 4, 2005, at 6:03 PM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

Adrian,

Wow, definitely a response exceeding all expectations! Glad to hear there was a lot of low-hanging fruit. Just a couple of last comments below:

--- Adrian Robert <address@hidden> wrote:

- Add the horizontal and vertical divider bars to a palette somewhere.
I see these on other gorms, but I haven't found how to make one myself.

These lines are just NSBox where the title is removed and the height or width
has been reduced to 1 or 2 pixels.

I see now. It's not easy to do this by dragging, but the Size inspector works. It still might be worth putting them on a palette (as IB does) at some point, though not needed.

- Ability to set up radio buttons.  There are radio buttons displayed
in the palette, but in IB when you drag you get a set of two or more
bound together in an NSMatrix, which allows you to access the selection
state in code.  In Gorm, dragging gives just a single radio button and
no matrix.  I was able to copy a matrix from another .gorm file, but I
could not figure out how to create one myself.  Also, once I got the
matrix, I could not change its layout.

You need to use Right-Alt, or Shift-Right-Alt on some keyboards, to make this
work.

Hmm.. So for the radio buttons in the palette, Alt-drag means, in effect, "drag entire group" whereas plain drag means "drag group member"? Would it be more intuitive to reverse these, or is this following a convention of some kind?

-Adrian