Re: higher-fidelity nib2gmodel?

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: higher-fidelity nib2gmodel?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:34:37 -0700 (PDT)

Jonathan,

--- Jonathan 'Wolf' Rentzsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an app with about 150 nibs on Mac OS X that I'd like to bring over
> to GNUstep, targeting Windows.
>
> I tried using nib2gmodel on a .nib to see how a translation would go, and
> it's didn't go too well. Specifically, my NSTableViews and NSOutlineViews
> where thrown away, the NSTabView was broken, metrics were off (kind of
> expected that one, though) and I couldn't re-open the resulting saved
> .gorm file (Gorm reported an objectAtIndex: -1 index error).

The gmodel import feature of Gorm is still experimental.  Could you send me the
.nib you had this trouble with?  Also, would it be possible to get one of the
in which the table/outline view was skipped?  I've tested this here and it
works fine.

> Is nib2gmodel the current best way to move .nibs over? Perhaps Gorm or
> another tool could deal with 10.2's text-archive .nib format?

Work on this is ongoing.   I (and others) am currently working on making
GNUstep capable of reading the keyed nibs.

> | Jonathan 'Wolf' Rentzsch   http://rentzsch.com
> | Red Shed Software           http://redshed.net
> |     "better" necessarily means "different"

GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.