Re: GNUStep make patch take 1

From: Jeremy Bettis
Subject: Re: GNUStep make patch take 1
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:45:59 -0500

I changed my mind about one part:

* target.make: add -Wl,--export-all-symbols to SHARED_LIB_LINK_CMD, so that
ld will export all symbols even if the code uses __declspec(dllexport)
extern. See
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/gnu-linker/win32.html
for more info.

I found that --export-all-symbols is too many symbols sometimes. For normal users that don't use __declspec(dllexport) there is no problem. For weird people like me that have __declspec(dllexport) in there I can specify --export-all-symbols in my FOO_LDFLAGS variable, or I can generate a DEF file as needed.