STS Template Engine

From: Sunrise Ltd
Subject: STS Template Engine
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:03:49 -0500

Hi

we've just released the STS TemplateEngine, a library for expanding templates
using tagged placeholders and it features its own macro lanuguage for
conditional template
expansion. it's GPL licensed and available as Objective-C/Cocoa source code
along with detailed documentation at
http://www.sunrise-tel.com/STSTemplateEngine.html.

we developed it to generate configuation files for Asterisk, the open source
telephony server, but it is designed to be universally applicable. it could be
used to generate
configuration files of other server applications, or for wordprocessing and
email applications, or for HTML templating.

a few of the methods called by the engine internally are Cocoa specific. for
someone experienced with GNUstep it shouldn't be difficult to work around those
calls and make it
usable with GNUstep, too. then again, it may be just a matter of time until the
Cocoa methods will have been backported to GNUstep.

in any event, the library should be a great addition to GNUstep -- we have had
a very positive response from the Cocoa community already.

regards
Sunrise

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm