Re: NSJavaVirtualMachine

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: NSJavaVirtualMachine
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:41:50 -0400

On Jul 25, 2005, at 10:07 AM, Adrian Robert wrote:

On Jul 25, 2005, at 3:03 AM, address@hidden wrote:

Hi,
i am new here and start to learn to work with the gnustep.
My first question is,
is their NSJavaVirtualMachine in gnustep, like in cocoa,
to use java classes in the project?

I don't believe we have that class. However, do a search for "LuceneKit". This is a GNUstep project that incorporates Java code, and so it is accomplishing the same job.

Scratch that. JIGS (Java interface for GNUstep -- http://www.gnustep.it/jigs/) has an implementation of NSJavaVirtualMachine. I'm not sure whether the API is the same as Apple's (which I've never used and am having difficulty finding documentation on), or whether all of Apple's various NSJavaXXX() functions are implemented.