Re: Headerfile-bug in framework.make

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Headerfile-bug in framework.make
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:48:35 -0600

On Aug 11, 2005, at 9:11 AM, Helge Hess wrote:

On Aug 10, 2005, at 3:50, Nicola Pero wrote:
Ehm ... thanks ... we have just released a new gnustep-make (1.11.0), which includes the fix ... :-)

Excellent :-) Any incompatibilities between 1.10 and 1.11 which I need to be aware of?

Yes. Mostly likely you will have to rebuild all libraries, tools and apps when using gnustep-make 1.11.0. Although I've at least temporarily reverted that patch in CVS as it doesn't work on all platforms.

Changes in version `1.11.0'
===========================

NOTE: The libobjc library is now linked in with the base library and
NOT with individual applications or tools (except on MingW). This
requires that you do a complete rebuild of all libraries, tools and
apps when switching to this new version.

   * New rules for building and using DLLs were implemented. Now gcc
     and other tricks are used to properly export symbols, so no .def
     file should be needed.

   * The GNUsteprc file in $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT is deprecated. See the
     new GNUstep.conf file (which is not installed by default).

   * Psuedo-framwork support was implemented on MingW. This essentially
     involves copying the framework to several places so it can be used
     without links, which Windows does not really support.  There's no
     other clean way to do it.

   * Support for xxx_WINDRES_FILES on MinGW was implemented.