Re: pl2link not found when doing "sudo make install"

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: pl2link not found when doing "sudo make install"
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:55:24 -0400

On Aug 24, 2005, at 9:31 AM, Frederico Muñoz wrote:

Yes, I'm doing the same, but this problem appeared due to the need of
autobuilding Installer using a predifined set of methods that use make
&& sudo make install. I think that the pl2link invocation can indeed
by done in "make", since all I see it do is creating a .desktop file
in the application bundle. There is no need to be root for that.

I'll try to change application.make and other relevant files to see if
I can move pl2link somewhere else, since I think that "sudo make
install" should work out of the box.

Seems like if gnustep-make running under sudo is able to get in touch with the appropriate environment variables to actually install things to the right places (/usr/GNUstep vs. /usr/lib/GNUstep, etc.), it ought to be able to use these to specify full paths to gnustep- specific tool commands like pl2link. (E.g., $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/ Tools/pl2link or something like that..)