Re: pl2link not found when doing "sudo make install"

From: Frederico Muñoz
Subject: Re: pl2link not found when doing "sudo make install"
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:38:19 +0100

Hi,

On 8/24/05, Nicola Pero <address@hidden> wrote:
> It looks like a rule in application.make is being executed when it doesn't
> need to be.

Sorry to reply twice but after I talked about this in #gnustep Andrew
(aeruder) was able to pin the cause; PC generates a
Resources/Info-gnustep.plist, and this is what is causing the problem.
When an application has a TestInfo.plist -make works perfectly: it
uses plmerge to create Resources/Info-gnustep.plist and then pl2link
to create the .desktop file. When this isn't done (i.e. the
Info-gnustep.plist is already there) -make doesn't keep track that it
has already made that target and tries to do it in the "sudo make
install", were it fails. If something is wrong with this explanation
it's my fault, Andrew made perfect sense :)

Now, one thing that I think is important is to know if -make is
supposed to support "handmade" Info-gnustep.plist files (in which case
I'll file a bug againts -make) or if it isn't, in which case I'll file
a bug against PC. I tried to be smart and fix it but a simple look at
the output of "make -d" made my sugar levels drop.

Best regards,

fsmunoz