Re: PCH Support

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: PCH Support
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:12:12 +0200

On Aug 27, 2005, at 20:22, Matt Rice wrote:
PS: ratmice: I think you saw no speed gain because
you didn't use -
include which you should to ensure that the PCH is
actually used (the
PCH MUST be the first included header).
of course i did..
line 20 and 29 of pch.diff

OK, was just a wild guess ;-) Then, I don't know why you didn't see a speedup. Its fairly huge over here.

Of course tests on Linux/ix86 are pending and it will be interesting to see whether it gives measurable speedup given that Linux/ix86 is already thrice as fast as my G5 over here.

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/