Re: STS Template Engine

From: Sunrise Ltd
Subject: Re: STS Template Engine
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:01:58 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Helge Hess" <address@hidden>
To: "Developer GNUstep" <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 01:23:59 +0200

> On 21. Jul 2005, at 16:53 Uhr, Markus Hitter wrote:
> > Am 21.07.2005 um 16:03 schrieb Sunrise Ltd:
> >> we've just released the STS TemplateEngine, a library for
> >> expanding templates using tagged placeholders and it features
> >> its  own macro lanuguage for conditional template
> >> expansion.
> > This is was I thought first:
>
> Well, my first thought was: why another templating engine? We
> already  have WO (either in SOPE or in gstep-web).

It would seem that your idea of "templating engine" is a little narrow. WO is
great for webservers and templating of webcontent. But there are far more
templating
requirements than webcontent. As mentioned, the STS Template Engine was
specifically designed to generate configuration files for faceless server apps,
such as in our case
Asterisk. It could be used for webcontent templating, but it is specifically
designed for system configuration tasks. And for this purpose it beats WO hands
down.

rgds
Sunrise

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com