Re: GNUstep Native Framework Support (fwd)

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: GNUstep Native Framework Support (fwd)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:38:25 -0700 (PDT)

heres a quick hack at the LD_AUDIT thing i mentioned
earlier with glibc-2.4... (and the current fedora libc
i believe) or with a few changes s/-Wl,-soname/-Wl,-h/
and some other stuff solaris..

> Yes ... exactly what I wanted to say ... we are
> trying to get rid of
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH in general! :-)

well, this one uses yet another environment variable
:P
i just randomly picked out GS_FRAMEWORK_PATH...

> Anyway, I think I put enough meat on the fire, let's
> wait and see if we
> have other people commenting. ;-)

it only takes care of the dynamic linking issue
leaving the c pre-processor/ld machinery for something
else...

if this is deemed interesting enough, i can make a
stab at implementing -pfwk-audit and -P in ld, so we
can link the framework to the audit lib instead of
requiring the LD_AUDIT environment variable,
(which also means it wouldn't be auditing things that
don't link to frameworks)

> Thanks for your time, and I do appreciate your
> efforts to find a good
> portable solution to frameworks! ;-)

this one isn't portable...

matt