Re: GNUstep bounty

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: GNUstep bounty
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:59:01 +0200 (MEST)

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:07:40 +0200, Fabien wrote:
> On 2005-09-23 09:33:43 +0200 Chris Vetter <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:48:17 +0200 Stefan wrote:
> > [...]
> >> p.s.: If you are really decided to give away money from the GNUstep
> >> fund,
> >> then why not to use it for gaining more publicity to GNUstep too?
> > [...]
> Port WebCore to GNUstep / Window would gain a lot of publicity IMO

Well, I didn't write that, Stefan Urbanek did, but yes, that would certainly
get some attention.

Stefan Kleine-Stengemann (sp???) did a port and it was/is quite useful, at
least for playing around and testing -- I still have the source for a
rudimentary web browser around somewhere that is mostly working (that is,
for 'simple' pages (eg. those that do not require frames) -- though it
probably is rather outdated by now. Nevertheless a port of WebCore, combined
with a real browser based on that port and GNUstep certainly would get
GNUstep some reputation/recognition.

--
Chris