Re: xcode files in GNUstep cvs

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: xcode files in GNUstep cvs
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:22:17 +0200

On Sep 22, 2005, at 14:00, Nicola Pero wrote:
Thanks ... that's quite an interesting idea :-)

... you still need to install gnustep-make before you build though.

You could make a .pkg package which installs gstep-make in the system. In SOPE we embed a snapshot of gstep-make which is setup at configure time (yes, of course you can also call external processes from Xcode ... ;-)

But I suppose some OSX guys would still prefer to build inside Xcode rather than
from a terminal's command line. ;-)

I don't understand the point, maybe you are not aware thats trivial to call an external program as part of an Xcode build?

The main advantages of using the Xcode build system are:
- ZeroLink
- distributed builds
- predictive compilation
- better multi-CPU support
- direct IDE support
But those are more relevant for applications, less for "premade" frameworks. Well, but then why the need to build a premade framework from source, just provide a .pkg ;-)

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/