About to install on Tiger

From: Yann Le Guen
Subject: About to install on Tiger
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:41:51 +0200

Hi all,

I'm about to install at least gnustep-make-1.10.0 on OS X 10.4.2 in order to compile SOPE & oGO.
Questions are:
- What's default choice between gcc 3.3 & 4.0 (both are here by default on Tiger) ? - In order to make it usable by all local users what is the best choice for <GNUstep install dir> (/Developer/GNUStep/ or /usr/local/GNUStep) ? In fact I'm back to OS X after few lovely years with Debian and a bit afraid to mess up the opaque Apple stuff. About this apacity, wich file should I modify to be able to see the whole file tree in the Finder when login with Admin right and therefor being able to D&D for example /etc/httpd/httpd.conf onto the docked AlphaX icon rather issuing cmd line ?

Thanks in advance.

Later,

Yann