GNUstep Quartely Report (Sep 05)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: GNUstep Quartely Report (Sep 05)
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:32:34 -0600

                Quarterly Report, GNUstep Project
                        Sep 30, 2005

Summary
========

In the past three months, the GNUstep project has made a major release of the core libraries as well as a minor release. Also, we have made new releases of several other packages, such as Gorm, the visual interface builder and StepTalk, a Smalltalk interpreter and interface.

At the beginning of this quarter, we received a little more than US$126 from donations via the FSF. We now have a total of approximately US$1,026 in donations. Last month, I proposed a GNUstep Bounty, where we would use some of these funds as an incentive for programmers to work on several important issues that currently face GNUstep. These include completing printing support, text converters, and audio support, as well as implementing accessibility support and other issues. In the next month or so we will work on fully defining the problems that need to be solved, including requirements and milestones.