Re: Errors when compiling with GCC 4.1

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: Errors when compiling with GCC 4.1
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:34:30 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:47:59 -0700 (PDT), Greg wrote:
> Getting the following error when compiling with GCC 4.1 prerelease:
> GSAttributedString.m: In function cacheAttributes:
> GSAttributedString.m:130: error: cast to union type from type not present
> in union
> GSAttributedString.m:138: error: cast to union type from type not present
> in union

There's a ton of errors and warnings, especially about

  invalid conversion from 'unsigned char*' to 'const char*'

> GCC 4.1 is the version of the compiler which is supposed to have a
> working ObjC++ in it.  We need to be totally ready for this release. :)

It is. I've been playing around with g++41 for a while now, and it seems to
indeed have a working ObjC++ -- though I only tested 'plain' ObjC, not with
GNUstep (see problems above).

If GNUstep can be readied for GCC 4.1 we can get WebKit... w00t 8-)

--
Chris