Re: Diff to make core compile with gcc-4.1 prerelease

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Diff to make core compile with gcc-4.1 prerelease
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:28:49 -0700 (PDT)

Richard,

--- Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2005-10-07 13:49:55 +0000 Gregory John Casamento
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > So, should I commit my changes?   Should we submit a bug to the gcc
> > maintainers?
>
> Um ... I committed them  ... on the assumption that there won't be a quick
> fix to gcc.

I just synced up to the latest CVS and I don't see the changes.

> However, I think it would be good if the gcc maintainers could 'fix' this
> ... ie make casts to unions behave more consistently with the normal rules
> of C/ObjC

We may want to enter a bug or mention it on the list.   I can see it being
correct either way, depending on how you look at it.  But we may want to raise
the fact that this worked before along with the assumption that led to it
working that way.

GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.