Re: segfault in terminal

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: segfault in terminal
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:22:20 +0200

On 10/19/05, Riccardo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey,
> since the latest changes in gnustep cvs, trusty terminal isn't working
> anymore on my linux/x86 box. It dies with:

I'm experiencing a similar problem. I just updated to CVS from today
(Oct. 20), reinstalled the whole enchilada from scratch, but when I
run *any* application, I get e.g.

Gorm[63108] Unknown time zone name `America/Los_Angeles'.
Gorm[63108] Using time zone with absolute offset 0.
Gorm[63108] File NSUserDefaults.m: 566. In [NSUserDefaults
+standardUserDefaults] Improper installation: No language locale found
Gorm[63108] Did not find correct version of backend, falling back to std.
Gorm[63108] NSApplication.m:271  Assertion failed in
initialize_gnustep_backend.  Unable to find backend libgnustep-art

/System/Applications/Gorm.app/Gorm: Uncaught exception
NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: NSApplication.m:271
Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend.  Unable to find
backend libgnustep-art

My defaults haven't changed. I can't find any timezone files in
/System though and I always do install -back (plain x11), -art and
-cairo. I use -art by default.

System is FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE, gcc v3.4.2 and v4.01 (tried both, same result)

Did I miss something on any of the mailing lists? Though I did check
the changelogs and couldn't find anything related to that (system
setup, defaults config, etc.) that isn't "covered" by my setup.

Puzzled,

--
Chris