Can any devs use a 1GHz AMD Athlon CPU?

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Can any devs use a 1GHz AMD Athlon CPU?
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:36:24 -0800

GNUstep-Dev folks,

I know it's not at all bleeding-edge hardware, but if you happen to have a Socket A motherboard with an older (preferably much older) AMD CPU, I have an Athlon I'd like to give you. The resale value of it is negligible at best, but it's doing no good sitting in my drawer. My previous motherboard died, but the CPU is 100% good, and when it did, I replaced them both.

Anyone interested? Preferably someone poor/with a really crappy older socket A machine who would realize a largeish improvement in performance.

Alex Perez