Re: ANN: Emacs.app 9.0-pre1

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: ANN: Emacs.app 9.0-pre1
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:29:05 +0000 (GMT)

> Oops, I'm sorry, I meant to NOT cc gnustep-dev on that message, but
> send a separate one, or look into it myself first.  But now that I've
> sent it... the question I wanted to ask is whether there is some way
> to recover the old gnustep environment variable settings from a shell
> script, or is it necessary to drop into Perl or C and parse the conf
> file?

You can source GNUstep.sh :-) ... GNUstep.sh will still be there, and will
remain there and be fully supported (and it is integrated in the new
config system, so it's reading the config from GNUstep.conf for you!).

It won't be necessary to source GNUstep.sh on a "standard" installation,
but for some more complex cases where additional functionality is needed,
or just for compatibility with old scripts/software, GNUstep.conf will
still be there and you will still be able to source it if you want! :-)

THanks