Re: Image Framework without AppKit

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Image Framework without AppKit
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:18:05 +0000

On 2005-11-17 17:02:41 +0000 Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:

I've always wanted something like that. But I don't know where to put it (without duplicating code and dependancies). Maybe a bundle in gnustep-gui - so you would have to install gui, but it would not link to the library.

Starting from scratch, I would have put a simplified NSImage into Foundation, with NSString, NSData and other similar classes, and then had a category in AppKit that provided all of the GUI functionality of NSImage. I don't know if this could be done in GNUstep without breaking things, however.