Getting started with software developing with GnuStep on Windows

From: Roger Persson
Subject: Getting started with software developing with GnuStep on Windows
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 01:42:04 +0100

Hello folks!

This is my first question on this list. Does "developer" on this list to
those developing the GnuStep library, or does it refers to software
developers using the GnuStep library, or does it refers to both? :-)

What do I need to get started building software on Windows using Cocoa /
GnuStep?

I tried builing a very simple app, but the Makefile system didn't work
because I fail running the set-up script. Am I suppose to use another
terminal other than the DOS-prompt cmd.exe?

I have some general questions:

Is GnuStep on Windows suitable for building "stand-alone" software on
Windows?

I mean, does an application require many DLLs files to run, or is the
GnuStep fully a static library ?

Does an application require other things like a Info.plist file or a BSD
directory structure (Library, System, Users, etc..) to run?

My software for Cocoa is not complicated. It uses C++ for the heavy work
and Objective-C for the graphical interface.

Thanks for any help!

/Frode