Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/gui ChangeLog Source/NSTableView.m

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/gui ChangeLog Source/NSTableView.m
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 08:41:58 -0800 (PST)

--- Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> matt rice wrote:
> > Log message:
> >     * Source/NSTableView.m (-mouseDown:): Copy the
> selected cell before
> >     tracking mouse, add comment. (patch previously
> reverted 2005-05-30)
> >     (-mouseDown:): Check for pointer equality in
> addition to isEqual:
> >     which doesn't work with nil. (fix for bug #15316)
> >

> did you test this new code with GNUmail and
> Gworkspace? I had to revert
> the copying the last time because of problems with
> these two
> applications. I agree fully on cell copying, but we
> need to asure that
> it has no negative effects on these widely used
> applications.

i did test GWorkspace, and lightly tested GNUmail,
but don't have an email server so couldn't really test
it well,
and tested my application which had previously had
problems with the cell copying, and didn't see any
issues,

i also felt that in this case isolated issues with a
few apps would be better than issue that effects all
editable table views.

so with GNUMail being another issue and GWorkspace
fixed, i'm hoping the previous sentance will be a
worst case scenerio (and cocoa seems to copy the cell
in this case with some light testing if that means
anything)..

i believe that the issue with GNUMail was...

if ([cell trackMouse:....)
{
  done = YES;
}

while (done != YES)
{
  .. implement dragging source
}

which is backwards, cell tracking needs to happen
after initializing a dragging operation has been ruled
out.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com