Re: CVS changes

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: CVS changes
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:06:03 +0800

Adam Fedor wrote:
People have complained at various times about the CVS version of GNUstep being unstable. I've had various ideas for fixing this, but I think my best one is this: Don't ever tell some one they should use the CVS version due to a bug. If it really is an important problem, I will make a patch release of the library that includes a fix, otherwise, I try to make releases every month or two anyway, so that is not that long to wait for less important fixes.

Might I make a suggestion?

How about a 1.11.2-stable (or whatever) branch, open only for bug fixes.

Then it'd be easy for you to make minor releases very regularly and have more time to prepare (iron out issues in) major releases.

Regards,
Sheldon